Saturday, February 04, 2006

SECOND VOICES

I try
to breathe
against the current
that is her eyes;
estranged tales
and tangled emotions -
deep and dark
and happy at times


all inside her masquerade -
a hidden tear per question,
a restless state of doubt,
substitutes for answers,
all is well, fears are out.

yet in silence,
I watch her hear him sing,
I watch her indifference
and feel her melt,
slowly,
painfully,
all in secret.

And comfort
is what I can never give.
It is what she could never feel.

And she tries to sit steady,
as she bites her nails...
waiting, still.

4 comments:

  1. This is incrdibly deep and moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's also sad, makes me think of all those who we wish we could comfort yet know we can't.

    you really write beautiful poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this one's about me, trying to comfort myself =(

    thanks so much loreta, I'm glad you liked it =) I loved reading your blog =)

    ReplyDelete