Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Galapagos

once more,
Billy is singing me to sleep.
and desperately
I try to be lost in the fabric
that he has woven
for me to hear.

Tonight
This is what I choose to believe;
that I am not myself
but merely a memory
made to liberate
trapped notes
in his untouched past
and his forgotten future.

I am the lady then,
years back.

the present apple
that he breathes

the pale ghost

of christmas future -

this is all me
when I chose
not to be myself,
but his summoned muse.

And I hear his songs

and in his pain I hear my pain
only tonight,
I choose it to only be his
and without question, he agrees.

and in gentle calmness
of fake comfort
and illegible escapes-
daydreams
real dreams
and all in between,

the echoes of his voice carry me -
and for that moment, I am free.

and I sleep

In celebration of my silent victory.

11 comments:

  1. I understand that feeling so well. Just to be lost in another's arms, even for just a little while.

    By the way, Luanne, thanks for all your kind comments on my blog. I don't respond as often as I'd like to, but I read and appreciate every one.

    ep

    P.S. Sending you some spring in a bottle. (Lucky girl, to have it all year round) I'm going to ask for it back next winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. echoes often join me in my sleep
    i related to this

    the present apple that he breathes - great image

    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:28 PM

    very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Temporary respites are just that, but better to have them than not. Good poem Luanne!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very nice poem.
    I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. and in gentle calmness
    of fake comfort
    and illegible escapes-
    daydreams
    real dreams
    and all in between


    I could still remember the scent of his sheets...

    :) thank you luanne. you write beautifuly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is what I choose to believe;
    that I am not myself
    but merely a memory
    made to liberate
    trapped notes

    ...his summoned muse.


    *sigh* Such declaration, such revelation. It is indeed soul-piercing and beautiful. ^_^ Also loved the tone of self-fulfillment in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your wonderful comments! they are very very much appreciated =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You were there for him and there for you. Most people don't recognize that both need to be present in order to validate the existence of both.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, to all, for taking time to read what I've written...

    Billy is actually Mr. Corgan, of the smashing pumpkins. His words ease my sleepless nights.

    ReplyDelete