Sunday, January 28, 2007

Everytime the Night Forgets


the sky is a little bit darker
the air, a little bit colder
the world, a little rougher
at times when The Night forgets.

as helpless as I can be,
I struggle a little bit harder
desperately trying even my worst lies,
hoping to hold back the sea of tears
residing in my eyes -

yet I fail,
Every time The Night forgets.

and at the zenith,
the last piercing moment
that leads me to unbearable melancholy
I see your reflection in my tears-

and I remember You.

and in this sacred space
I cleanse myself of all that is ugly
in respect for the beauty of your memory

and I pray until all my tears are gone-
I forgive the world for moving on...

Every time The Night forgets.

13 comments:

  1. so much sadness
    but
    the rhytm
    and
    the wonderful refrain
    still make it beautiful

    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'and I pray until all my tears are gone-
    I forgive the world for moving on...

    Every time The Night forgets'

    When heartache can artfully be described the way you do here, the true healing begins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope it will, mermaid

    thanks for the kindness

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry you are sad. You have written a very fine poem with your tears. Hope your smile returns soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your poems never disappoint me... I am sorry that you are sad...

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is beautiful..so strong and intense.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The is beautiful! So perfect. I love it through and through. I recently bought a journal that is incripted with the following words, "The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears."

    Sorry to see you haven't posted in a while.

    Best, ep

    ReplyDelete
  9. Angst/pain - pain/angst. You paint the cyclical trap of self pity with brooding strokes of deadening genius.

    ReplyDelete
  10. pat, amelendu, lorena, ep, thank you all for taking the time to read what I've written...just to share, I'm in a much happier space right now :) again, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. nick, thank you for visiting and for sharing your insight!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 'and I pray until all my tears are gone-
    I forgive the world for moving on...


    This is very moving... it touched me deeply... Sometimes the hardest thing is to forgive one's self - I'm not quite sure where I'm at....

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. much thanks katie! thanks for taking the time :)

    ReplyDelete