Tuesday, July 04, 2006

mime

I long to rest
the enchantment
that you have unknowingly
planted inside me

(a longing I dare not face)

I cannot help
but succumb to your rain
for it's hard to resist
when an innocent gaze
is all that it takes
to lure me in

and even though
you choose not to speak,
I need not ask
to satisfy my craving
for your story.

the windows
of your soul
betray you-
I see
your dark fairy tales,
(most of them, sad
all of them, beautiful) -

they roam,
flowing in
bittersweet grace -
enjoying resonance
inside the intensity
of your silent eyes

10 comments:

  1. Luanne, this is a great poem with a perfect title!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very good
    made me go all wistful
    (time for more coffee) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. a tender nice poem...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's as if there is a whole other reality inside his eyes. The window opens, and the rain, the sadness, the beauty drench us with your words. The minute you shut the window, it's all gone. You're gone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see
    your dark fairy tales,
    (most of them, sad
    all of them, beautiful)


    I sense this in mimes... and in some people that I know too :) agree with floots, wistful is the word!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love gentle tones that flow from this piece. Bravo :)

    Marco

    ReplyDelete
  7. pat - thank you =)

    jon - indeed, it is sad. I;m glad we have each other on blogspot though :p

    floots - Thank you sir =) coffee is always a good idea.

    shyamalee- thank you!

    mermaid - you saw it as I did... thank you mermaid

    bittersweet - I see this in most people that I know too... thanks =)

    marco - thank you :)gentle is a nice word =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:18 AM

    Hi,
    I'm here from Mermaid's site that I visit regularly, seeing your name on her blogroll. "I see your dark fairy tales"- oh yes, so clearly a mirror: no words needed.
    I, too, usually write poetry when I'm in deep emotional pain.
    Take care
    I will be back to read more of your poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is hauntingly beautiful and lyrical, can I put you on my links, if that is okcould you please reply to my blog, thanks

    ReplyDelete